Let me get real for a second: cook-out foods just aren’t my favorite. Sure, every once in a while, I do enjoy a grilled burger or dog (and Paul Smith is one mean grill master), but most of the time, these traditional American favorites just don’t light my charcoal, so to speak. So there, I said it.
On the other hand, I’m a big fan of the nutrition and great taste packed into each Beyond Organic GreenFinished Hot Dog (which we’ve taken to calling “prime links”) so I’ve been tinkering in the kitchen to find new ways of enjoying these puppies.
If you share my enthusiasm for creative cooking–especially with regard to hot dog delicacies–check out these GreenFed stars in my beyond stuffed potato skins, our kitchen sink pasta salad, Paul’s hot dog night specialty, or just keep reading below for the debut of a beef pate I like to call a faux fois gras.
Faux Fois Gras: Ingredients
- 1/2 pkg. Beyond Organic GreenFinished Hot Dogs, chopped
- 1/2 cup organic sweet onion, chopped
- 1 T. organic dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. EVOO
- Dijon mustard and sweet pickle relish for topping
- 1 baguette (sliced and toasted), or whole wheat crackers, or any other faux fois gras hand-to-mouth vehicle of your choosing
Faux Fois Gras: Directions
- Combine chopped onion and hot dogs in a food processor for a couple minutes.
- During processing, add mustard and EVOO.
- Toast bread, if applicable.
- Spoon meat mixture onto bread or crackers, and serve with a side of mustard and relish.