I love taco salad night. This is a great meal for sharing with friends, and it’s really easy to make. But the best part is that while taco salad night used to be a less healthy choice (granted, we used to cover it in smushed Doritos and use all industrially-processed meats, dairy, and produce) those days are behind us and it is now a supremely nutritional dinner we enjoy frequently.
The Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) in Beyond Organic Greenfed beef and cheese is enough to celebrate; whereas conventional beef/dairy has 0-20 mg of CLA’s notable fat-burning, muscle-building and weight loss properties, this aged artisinal cheesehas 300-500 mg per serving. Plus, there are 10x more omega-3s in a single serving of Beyond Organic ground beef as you’d find in conventional beef, giving your plate a nearly perfect balance of omega-3s to 6s which reduces inflammation, boosts brain power, and has other restorative benefits to keep your body in good health.
Did I say the nutrition was the best part? I lied. The yummy factor still beats all (but isn’t it nice to know you’re feeding your body the best ingredients possible for long life and optimum health?!)
Okay, let’s get on with the recipe!
Beyond Organic Taco Salad
For the main course, we enjoyed these yummy taco salad bowls which were filled to the brim with all the taco goodness we could stuff in there. You really can’t go wrong with taco salad, so use the below list more as a guideline or idea-generator than a hard-and-fast ingredient list.
- Beyond Organic Ground Beef (prepared as directed on your favorite taco meat seasoning — we like Penzeys)
- Shredded Beyond Organic Raw Cheddar
- Shredded organic lettuce
- Diced organic onion
- Diced organic tomato (we like organic grape tomatoes but any tomato will do!)
- All natural black olives
- Homemade salsa (one of my specialties I’m happy to share — just leave me a comment or Facebook message me)
- Taco sauce or hot sauce, if you like it with a kick
- Beyond Organic Amasai dressing (see recipe below)
Beyond Organic Amasai Dressing
This dressing is so easy to make. I used to make it in a jar, but I was going through it so quickly that I now just make it in the Amasai bottle itself.
- 4 ounces Beyond Organic Amasai (Plain) GreenFed Cultured Dairy
- 2 ounces vinegar (I use champagne, red wine, or rice wine vinegar, and more or less to taste)
- 1 tsp. organic tangy dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil (or use fresh, if you have it!)
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley (or use fresh, if you have it!)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Enjoy your own taco salad night, and leave me a comment to compare notes!