Paul and I were enjoying the Beyond Organic GreenFinished Hot Dogs yesterday and decided to add a healthy side dish. We’ve treated ourselves to organic baked fries and tater tots before, but after hearing the benefits of daily detox, we are committed to eating more vegetables and fewer grains / starches. To that end, we mixed up a pretty unusual raw broccoli salad that was so crunchy and good, we had to share! And of course, this Beyond Organic Ranch Summer Salad uses one of my favorite products, Beyond Organic GreenFed Amasai.
Raw Broccoli Salad: Ingredients
- 2 cups raw broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup raw carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup raw snap peas, chopped
- 1/8 cup raw sweet onion, chopped
- 1 package Simply Organic ranch seasoning
- 16 ounces Beyond Organic Amasai (Plain) GreenFed Cultured Dairy
- 1-2 tablespoons of whole or milled chia seeds
Beyond Organic Tip: You could always add some shredded Beyond Organic GreenFed Raw Cheese (Cheddar or Havarti) to pack some extra punch and boost naturally-occurring conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) and omega-3s.
Raw Broccoli Salad: Directions
- Mix Beyond Organic Amasai with Simply Organic ranch seasoning in its original container and shake vigorously.
- Mix all vegetables in a large bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup Amasai ranch mixture to broccoli mixture. Stir well. Continue adding Amasai ranch mixture until desired consistency is achieved. (Store excess Amasai ranch mixture and use as a dip or dressing).
- Sprinkle chia seeds on just before serving.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate an hour and then serve.