So, you may have seen the recent post I put up on the SueroViv Cultured Vegetables from Beyond Organic (yum!) but what’s a girl to do with all that leftover red cabbage once she makes 3 glass jars full of kraut and still has a ton of cabbage left?! Why, purple soup! Of course.
Purple Soup: Ingredients
- 2 cups chopped red cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon chili avocado oil (substitute another oil if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 tablespoon Bragg’s aminos
- Optional flavor additions: cumin, white wine, crushed red pepper, garlic, fresh-squeezed lemon juice
Purple Soup: Directions
Sauté cabbage in oil until nearly tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add onions and sauté until tender. Add broth and bring to a boil. Stir in the pasta and simmer, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the Bragg’s aminos, stir, serve, and enjoy!