This dish is crazy stupid sick. (<– Yup, I picked up that phrase during my fifteen-year marketing career. Or… did I hear that from a teenager* drinking milk** in my living room?) Ok, back to the kale and fruit…
I promise, this dish will tingle your taste buds and surprise your guests (in a good way). Give it a try next time you’re looking to “up your game”.
Fruit Salad with Kale Ingredients
- 3-5 leaves of kale, cleaned and de-stemmed
- 1/2 black Arkansas heirloom apple, skins, seeds, and core removed; apple cut into small pieces
- 1/2 fuyu persimmon, skins and seeds removed, and cut into small pieces
- Seeds from a pomegranate, skins removed
- Juice from one fresh-squeezed lemon
- 2 T raw honey
- 1 tsp dried mint
Fruit Salad with Kale Recipe
- Pull apart kale leaves to make small pieces — as if for a salad — and place in a bowl.
- Squeeze 1/3 lemon over the kale.
- Refrigerate (for a few hours).
- Squeeze remaining lemon juice into a separate bowl and stir in honey and mint. Don’t be afraid to get some pulp in there. Yum! Taste your dressing and add more honey if it’s too tart. Set aside.
- When ready to serve, add remaining ingredients to kale, and pour dressing over the salad.
*By “teenager”, I mean my adult-aged friend who has a healthy vocabulary and yet chooses to speak ironically just for the heck of it.
**By “milk”, I mean fermented beverages.