Before I share my recipe for the best chicken salad I’ve ever had, I must credit a few people for their help: Jordan Rubin gave me the nutritional parameters for getting started (as he often does); family wellness coach Angelle Batten provided the chicken cooking instructions (which we also used to make a delicious 18-hour chicken stock); Kelcie Yeo and Kate Battistelli are my usual go-to kitchen princesses when I need a good recipe; and my friend Kendra gave me the zing. And it’s the zing that makes all the difference for me with this special recipe.
Chicken Salad with ZING Ingredients
- 2 C. cooked, shredded chicken (organic and pastured is best, or if you’re looking for a short-cut, you can find organic chicken in a can).
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
- ZING! Zest and juice of a medium lemon (I like mine very lemon-y so taste it and add more if needed)
- ZING! 2 – 3 T. fresh dill, finely chopped (I like mine very dill-y so taste it and add more if needed)
- 1/4 – 1/2 C. “Mindful Mayo” (or any healthy, vegan mayo alternative of your choice if you’re trying to use healthy fats)
- salt and pepper to taste
Chicken Salad with ZING Recipe
Note: Keep this AWAY from your children!
Samantha tried to eat MINE after I gave her a nice serving of her own. Yes, of course, this is a very healthy meal for your little ones so you can certainly share it as I did…but be warned…she ate all of hers and half of mine, too!