The peppery kick of arugula makes for a bright and earthy salad that pairs well with a tame bowl of chicken soup on a cool night. The strong, but almost opposing flavors of onion and pear balance the arugula, and the fennel adds a new layer of complexity. This salad presents as fancy but can be prepared in just minutes!
Arugula with Pear, Onion, and Fennel Recipe
- 2 handfuls of arugula, cleaned and de-stemmed
- 1/2 pear, cut into thin slices
- 1 thin slice of onion (almost shaved)
- 1 T. fennel fronds sprinkled on top
- 1/4 lemon, squeezed over salad
- 1-2 T. EVOO (use a very good quality organic oil)
It’s also worth noting that every single ingredient listed above (including the olive oil) came from Spacegirl Organics and all of it was delivered to my door!