I cook. A lot. In fact, I make most of the meals my husband eats. And I’ve made almost ALL of the asparagus he’s ever had. That’s why I was SHOCKED when–during the last holiday season–my husband took one bite of Chef Katie Smith’s asparagus and said, “this is the best asparagus I’ve ever had!” Ouch, Paul. Ouch.
Okay, sure, he was right. It was, bar none, the best I’d ever had, too. So there’s only one thing to say…
Spacegirl Organics sent be a beautiful bunch of asparagus last week, so I re-created the delicious, cheesy, buttery, and even HEALTHY asparagus that was husband-approvevd, and now I’m going to share the family secret with you. You’re welcome.
Baked Asparagus Ingredients
- 1 large bunch of asparagus
- 2 T. ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/2 C. Beyond Organic raw cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
Baked Asparagus Recipe
- Keep asparagus stored upright, in the fridge, in a glass of water until you’re ready to cook it.
- When ready to eat, clean and trim ends of your asparagus.
- Place 1 T. of your ghee in a baking dish and place in the oven as you preheat to 400 F.
- Once oven is ready, place your asparagus in your hot dish and toss asparagus to coat in the melted butter.
- Add the remaining butter (drizzle if liquid; pats if still in solid form) to the top of your asparagus and put it back in the oven.
- Bake until tender — about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, toss again to distribute all the butter that’s rudely hidden on the bottom of the glass, and smother in cheese.
- Serve hot!