I can’t get over how SCRUMPTIOUS this lunch was! It made for such a beautiful picture that I had to add it to my blogcipes so that anyone surfing The Reformed Couch Potato blog–anyone other than my mom, that is–would stumble upon this super simple plan for a mouth-watering lunch that is full of color and nutrition.
For starters, I made a sandwich. Yup. On bread. I don’t use a lot of bread at home because we mostly try to avoid gluten and grains, but sprouted grains are a great exception to that rule, and I LOVE a good tomato sandwich!
- Start with sprouted Ezekiel bread
- Spread on some soy-free Veganaise (mine is organic and vegan)
- Add fresh organic tomato slices (I used four thin ones)
- Sprinkle on some finely shredded red onion
- Add thick slices of raw cheddar cheese (mine is from Beyond Organic)
- Pile on some sprouts (I used clover — it’s sweet and crunchy)
- Smush your sandwich together, cut, and enjoy
And I served this up with a glass of probiotic lemonade for a tart but refreshing beverage.