By straightforward, of course, I mean Paul and I would probably prefer to skip breakfast altogether to avoid extra dishes.
The sassy mini-Smith, on the other hand, has other ideas about breakfast–namely that she requires it–so we usually stick to Daddy’s eggs or Mommy’s overnight oatmeal. But every once in a while, we have a little kitchen fun.
This recipe is a great source of turmeric:
Turmeric, the main spice in curry, is arguably the most powerful herb on the planet at fighting and reversing disease. It has so many healing properties that currently there have been 6,235 peer-reviewed articles published proving the benefits of turmeric and one of its renowned healing compounds called curcumin.
Scrambled Eggs with Turmeric Ingredients
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 4-6 mini sweet peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 oz. shredded raw cheese
- 1 t. thyme
- 1 t. oregano
- 1 t. basil
- 2 t. turmeric
- 1 T. coconut oil
Scrambled Eggs with Turmeric Recipe
- Sauté onions, sweet peppers, and garlic in a pan with coconut oil over medium low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add in eggs and herbs, and continue cooking and stirring for another 10 minutes.
- Add in turmeric and cheese, stir to mix well, and then serve.