And speaking of butter, that’s what we’re frying in today. Actually, it’s clarified grass-fed butter — or ghee — which is lactose- and casein-free, so it’s easily digestible and full of fat-burning CLA and inflammation-reducing omega-3s.
I love to fry AND increase health properties at the same time. Who said healthy and delicious are mutually exclusive? (Bitter dieters eating poached chicken and un-seasoned broccoli. That’s who. And, for the record, they’ve got it all wrong. Which makes them wrong AND cranky. Stay away from those people. And just say YES to butter! As long as it’s the RIGHT butter.)
Fried Zucchini Recipe
- Wash and slice your zucchini into small, flat pieces. With a medium-sized zucchini, I will trim both ends, then cut the zucchini twice, width-wise, to make 3 even pieces. I’ll then slice each of those pieces in half, length wise, and then chop thin slices, about an 1/8-inch thick.
- Drop 1-2 T. ghee in a medium-sized pan and heat to medium temperature.
- Once ghee is melted, spread out your zucchini evenly so that there is little-to-no overlap.
- Sprinkle a little Himalayan salt and ground pepper over zucchini and cook for 3-4 minutes, until some browning begins to occur.
- Flip zucchini over and brown on the other side.
- Serve hot and enjoy.