We haven’t been carb-crazy lately, but there’s something about swirling your spoon around a noodle drenched in yummy red sauce, ya know?
With all the fun of spaghetti but none of the processed carbs, we enjoyed an Italian lunch with nothin’ but veggies!
Check it out and thank me later.
Zucchini Spaghetti Recipe
- Clean and trim ends from 3 zucchini.
- Spiral-ize your zucchini (use a machine to cut spaghetti-like strips or, if you don’t have such a cutting device, cut into chunks). For spiral-izing, I like the Paderno World Cuisine A4982799 Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable Slicer.
- Steam your zucchini in a steamer basket (I like Joseph Joseph Lotus Folding Steamer Basket, Green and Dark Green) by covering veggies with a lid and boiling water under your basket for 10-minutes (give or take, depending on how al dente you like it!)
- Heat the sauce of your choice (I like to make my own from scratch when I can, or when I’m short on time, I choose a jarred organic marinara).
- Cover in shredded raw cheese, and serve!