We’ve been enjoying a lot of carrots from Spacegirl Organics lately. Carrots are cheap, easy to find, colorful, and highly versatile. Cut them up and eat them with raw almond butter, juice them with ginger, add them to your vegetable soup, throw them in your roasted chicken dish, or roast them.
Carrots contain great health properties, too:
A serving of carrots (one medium carrot or ½ cup chopped) will provide about:
- 210% of the average daily recommended amount of vit A
- 10% vit K
- 6% vit C
- 2% calcium
Carrots also contain potassium, vitamin B6, copper, folic acid, thiamine and magnesium. I generally recommend eating carrots in moderation because they contain more sugar than any other vegetable aside from beets; however, when eaten as part of an overall healthy diet, the nutrients in carrots may provide you with protection against heart disease and stroke while helping you to build strong bones and a healthy nervous system.
Oven-Fried Spicy Carrots Ingredients
- 5-6 medium-sized carrots
- 2 T. coconut oil
- 1/2 t. Himalayan salt
- 1/2 t. Fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 t. Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 t. Garlic powder
Oven-Fried Spicy Carrots Recipe
- Chop 1/2″ thick and place on foil-lined roasting pan with a thick coat of coconut oil.
- Brush carrots with coconut oil.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, cayenne, and garlic powder all over carrots.
- Bake in a pre-heated 400-degree oven for 20-25 minutes, rotating once halfway through.