Who wants GUMMY BEARS??
If the first two questions above seem to contradict the third, let me introduce you to your new best friend, gelatin!
WHAT THE HECK IS GELATIN?
Gelatin is a translucent, colorless substance, derived from collagen found in animal bones. It’s a great source of amino acids, which support a healthy mood, strong bones, smooth (less wrinkled) skin and proper muscle synthesis. It’s great for boosting fat burning and detoxifying the liver. This stuff is pretty all-around awesome.
It’s important to get gelatin from grass fed/pastured animals to avoid hormones, pesticides and heavy metal contamination.
You can find Great Lakes Unflavored Beef Gelatin, Kosher here.
Healthy Homemade Gummy Bears
- Bring 1 cup organic juice with (no pulp — I used apple) and 4-5 tablespoons raw, organic honey to a low simmer.
- Add 2-3 drops of Youngevity lemon essential oil. (You can also use orange).
- Add 7 Tbsp Great Lakes Unflavored Beef Gelatin, Kosher and whisk together until fully dissolved.
- Pour into molds (you can use bears if you really want, but here are the 3 Silicone Ice Tray Star Shaped Cube Molds I use), and place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Pop out of molds and store in fridge!