My daughter loved me already. But after I gave her these homemade gummies with essential oils & SaXi, she loved me A LOT more.
And I love that these delicious treats are sneaking powerful nutrients into her little body. But let’s back up a bit.
WHAT THE HECK IS GELATIN?
Gelatin is a translucent, colorless substance, derived from collagen found in animal bones. It’s a great source of amino acids, which support a healthy mood, strong bones, smooth (less wrinkled) skin and proper muscle synthesis. It’s great for boosting fat burning and detoxifying the liver. This stuff is pretty all-around awesome.
It’s important to get gelatin from grass fed/pastured animals to avoid hormones, pesticides and heavy metal contamination.
You can find Great Lakes Unflavored Beef Gelatin, Kosher here.
WHAT IS SAXI?
SaXi™ Super Juice Powder brings science and nature from around the world together to provide a proprietary blend of antioxidant-rich super fruits, including New Zealand Blackcurrant, Mangosteen, Pomegranate, Açai, Elderberry, and a Patented Aloe Vera Juice.
WHY SWEET ORANGE ESSENTIAL OIL?
Orange oil has a pleasing citrus aroma that activates the artistic creative intuitive part of the mind and is a favorite among infants and children who prefer the flavor and aroma of orange.
It’s a versatile oil used for all of the following: anti-inflammatory, anti-depressant, antiseptic, bactericide, digestive support, cellulite reduction, dehydrated skin, gallbladder stones, gastritis, and loss of appetite.
Homemade Gummies with Essential Oils & SaXi Recipe
- Bring 1 cup organic juice with (no pulp — I used 1/2 apple and 1/2 cranberry) to a LOW simmer. (No bubbling!)
- Add 3.5 Tbsp Great Lakes Unflavored Beef Gelatin, Kosher — 1 T at a time — and whisk together until fully dissolved.
- Add 2-3 drops of Youngevity sweet orange essential oil.
- Add 1/2 a packet of Youngevity SaXi Super Juice. (You can use a whole pack if you want — but you need at least 1/2 a pack!).
- Add 2-3 Tbsp raw, organic honey.
- Stir until well combined.
- Pour into molds (you can use bears if you really want, but here are the 3 Silicone Ice Tray Shaped Molds I use), and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Pop out of molds and store in fridge!